Customer Relationship Marketing Director
North Kansas City, Missouri
Helzberg Diamonds, a Berkshire Hathaway company is looking for a Customer Relationship Marketing Director. The CRM Director is responsible for developing and implementing customer focused, data driven direct marketing strategies that are organized around the customer life cycle and key buying drivers.
The Director will utilize data and the latest direct marketing strategies to enhance our customer reach and retention through email, direct mail, SMS, and other campaigns. The will strive continuously to enhance results from all of our direct marketing programs to optimize business performance. They will work collaboratively with team members across multiple departments including Merchandising, Marketing, E-Commerce, and Store Operations to ensure proper coordination of all marketing and promotional campaigns.
We are looking for someone who is direct marketing savvy to shape our CRM strategies and maximize the analytical tools we utilize to measure success. We are looking for someone who is constantly mindful of the customer’s options and shopping preferences, and has a passion for creating direct marketing communication and programs that will build brand awareness and loyalty.
- Develop profitable customer acquisition strategies and campaigns to drive sales from the most-profitable segments.
- Provide CRM oversight to ensure customer journey mapping is optimized across all of the customers touch points.
- Develop direct mail marketing briefs and lead planning that is inclusive of customer profiles; performance expectations; message hierarchy and format recommendation.
- Ensure that communications are well-integrated across channels and are highly relevant to the customer or prospect based on analysis.
- Maintain strong performance of Direct Mail campaigns while decreasing the cost of the program and reliance on this contact medium.
- Leverage social, programmatic and email offerings by supporting those efforts with existing customer data.
- Collaborate with Director of Customer Insights and Analytics to identify new opportunities to increase retention and or derive more value from existing customer base.
- Define technical campaign specifications and ensure that all specifications are carried out accurately.
- Oversee the quality check process of all outputs from campaign-creation vendor partner.
- Facilitate on-going testing within campaigns and across series of touch points.
- Manage campaign projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop relevant communication strategies while managing applicable processes.
- Partner with Brand Marketing managers on national and local retail campaign integration.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics or related area required plus 8 years of demonstrated experience with impactful results in Customer Relationship Marketing, or equivalent combination of experience and education. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing impactful CRM programs that increase customer interaction and loyalty.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in implementing customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies.
- Excellent PC skills with an emphasis on Excel.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional role, with strong team leadership.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects with proven ability to oversee marketing activities, including schedules, scope and budgets.
- Strong organization, planning skills and presentation skills.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.