Web Analytics & User Experience Manager
North Kansas City, Missouri
At Helzberg Diamonds the Web Analytics and User Experience Manager is responsible for gathering, structuring and analyzing data to understand performance of Helzberg.com and our customers’ behavior on the site. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying, testing, and implementing site enhancements to increase online sales, improve user experiences and achieve other key business objectives.
This position will play a vital role in helping drive our E-Commerce business, which is the key growth engine for the company.
• Develop, maintain and troubleshoot integrated systems for collecting, managing and reporting on web analytics, digital advertising and online sales metrics using reporting technologies including online analytic tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (e.g., Tableau, Excel).
• Analyze disparate data points – advertising, sales, web and mobile traffic – to develop holistic understanding of user trends.
• Ensure relevant traffic and key performance metrics are captured in order to provide actionable insights.
• Support planning, tactical execution and optimization of the customer experience.
• Support the strategy, creation, execution, and analyses of A/B and multivariate tests to optimize for core business goals.
• Own, create, manage, and distribute reports and KPI dashboards to effectively communicate insights and recommendations.
• Monitor, analyze and optimize website activity, traffic trends, SERP rankings and customer acquisition.
• Interact with and support a variety of teams and individuals within the organization to make data-driven business decisions aimed at growth.
• Identify and implement Voice of Customer tools to better identify customer pain points and opportunities for improvement.
• Help manage and document web analytics projects.
• Stay current on web and mobile site usability best practices.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science or related quantitative degree.
• Minimum 5 years relevant digital analytics and user experience experience.
• Minimum 3 years digital analytics experience in a retail environment.
• Expert knowledge of web and ecommerce analytics, including Google Analytics and other industry-standard web analytics platforms, such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture), etc.
• Experienced in creation of a web A/B testing strategy, development of a testing calendar, continuously executing tests, and advancing a fact-based, test and learn environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot, identify patterns, and generate new approaches to reporting.
• Ability to understand and help gather business reporting requirements that meet business needs.
• Organized, reliable self-starter with strong creative thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Critical and strategic thinker; ability to understand all available information, synthesize, and communicate approaches and analysis clearly and concisely.
• Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Strong sense of project ownership and dedication to delivering outstanding results.
• Experience working with a range of website analytics reporting programs and tools.
• Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to senior leadership as well as key stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations, highlighting a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
• Passionate about the internet, mobile and emerging technologies, staying current as digital technology evolves.
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing tools such as Test&Target, SiteSpect, Monetate or Maxymiser.
• Experience with business intelligence platforms such as Tableau.
• Experience providing project hind-sighting, partner with Marketing and Finance to provide metrics input and assist with quantifying sales drivers from technology enhancements.
• Savvy in finding ways to apply technological solutions to accomplish various business needs.