Full Stack Developer
North Kansas City, Missouri
At Helzberg Diamonds the Full Stack Developer designs, develops and implements effective e-Commerce systems solutions. They provide technical leadership and mentoring where needed within the team. This position provides systems analysis to design and implement solutions to support and resolve operational and functional needs for internal users and external customers.
1. Assist team in partnering with user management, IT and external vendors to create and enhance eCommerce systems solutions to capitalize on opportunities and remediate challenges.
2. Design, develop, test and support integrations and systems in the eCommerce ecosystem.
3. Participate with project team in developing all phases in Helzberg systems development. Gather technical requirements and perform technical leadership duties to deliver and support applications and solutions.
4. Guide design and development of enhancements and solutions to facilitate and support system functionality. Work with staff and users to generate and execute unit test scripts for testing and debugging new systems or new software releases.
5. Assist in researching, evaluating and recommending potential products and solutions as needed. Up to and including the development of POC’s.
6. Help facilitate and participate in the use of Agile (Kanban) methodologies across the eCommerce team as well as helping to implement solid unit testing principles.
7. Willingness to participate in rotating on-call schedule to provide 24/7 365 day a year support for Helzberg eCommerce applications and systems.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field at least 6-7+ years or more of experience as a Programmer/Analyst or Software Engineer is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Expert knowledge in PHP and supporting web technologies, OOP concepts with ability and willingness to learn new languages and technology as required by the role.
3. Experience with e-commerce platforms such as Magento 2.x (preferred) or equivalent (WooCommerce, Drupal, etc).
5. Experience with PHP frameworks such as Zend (preferred) or equivalent (Laravel, CodeIgniter, etc.) required.
6. Ability and willingness to function in a full stack development capacity required – client and server side development.
7. Strong knowledge of SQL required.
8. Familiarity with web services (SOAP and REST) usage and development required.
9. Strong knowledge of full cycle systems development, systems/business analysis processes and familiarity with Software Delivery Methodologies such as Agile required.
10. Familiarity with source code management such as Git as well as dependency management solutions such as Composer.
11. Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and delivery methods desired.