Email Marketing Specialist
North Kansas City, Missouri
At Helzberg Diamonds the Email/SMS Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning, executing and analyzing all email strategies and tactics for promotional and site behavior based emails. This position collaborates with cross-functional divisions in Marketing, E-Commerce, Merchandise, IT operations and Creative to guide the development and execution of campaigns.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and execute all promotions and campaigns. Ensure email and SMS strategies are aligned with other marketing channels to achieve business objectives. Apply data-driven learnings from past efforts and industry best practices to maximize campaign effectiveness and compliance.
• Partner with E-Commerce and Marketing channel leads on vendor selection and launch of new SMS program, strategy and execution.
• Interface with external vendors to execute Helzberg’s email & SMS strategies. Ensure that campaigns are created to drive maximum engagement and drive traffic online and in-store while maintaining brand guidelines.
• Lead analysis of email & SMS performance insights, trends, and recommendations on a weekly and quarterly basis. Partner with Data Insights team for multi-channel reporting execution to identify trends across targeted segments. Lead the analysis of email & SMS performance to provide insights; identify trends; and make recommendations for on-going improvement.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external partners (Epsilon/PeopleCloud & Bluecore) to develop and execute appropriate list segmentation and strategies that utilize personalization to improve channel performance and customer experience.
• Set benchmarks to improve performance and KPIs of promotional and triggered email campaigns. Review of benchmarks quarterly to set new benchmarks and identify areas of improvement.
• Execute and implement all verticals (outlet, traditional, and e-commerce) email strategy.
• Collaborate with external partners and ESPs to utilize dynamic content and personalization capabilities to increase engagement.
• Lead strategy for increasing engagement from existing subscriber file and developing win-back campaigns.
• Develop and manage on-going testing program to increase program effectiveness.
• Support the Marketing and E-Commerce planning process by updating planning documents as needed.
• Remain current on email & SMS best practices and US CAN-SPAM, Canadian Anti-SPAM and EU Anti-SPAM, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) compliance.
• Manage tracking codes (URL appends, pixel placement, etc.) as required for Google Analytics reporting and launching new email campaigns.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field and one to and three years of experience in email/SMS marketing or interactive marketing required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have strong communication, strategic planning and project management skills.
• Marketing and/or web site development experience preferred, along with experience working with external vendors and suppliers.
• Strong computer skills, are required and technical knowledge of HTML required.
• Experience using Google Analytics to analyze results, make recommendations, develop testing strategies and continue to optimize current programs required.
• Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.