At Helzberg Diamonds the Divisional Vice President of Real Estate and Construction is based in Kansas City, Missouri, and is responsible for identifying and analyzing new store sites to select locations that meet the company's expansion criteria. The incumbent will negotiable favorable terms on new and renewal leases with developers to ensure Helzberg's profitable operations in strong geographic markets. Additionally, they will work to ensure the quality and cost-effective construction of new stores, remodeling and facelift projects. The incumbent will manage the entire store renovation and/or construction process to ensure they are completed on time, within budget and to the expected level of quality.
• Real Estate Deal Making: Work with the VP of Real Estate and DVPs of Store Operations and Finance to execute a collaborative real estate strategy in selecting new store sites by identifying potential locations, qualifying them by reviewing mall and demographic data, conducting on-site visits, and meetings in conjunction with Store Operations and the developer, partnering with Finance in the development of new and renewal stores’ pro forma P&L statements and Internal Rates of Return (IRRs), and preparing final recommendations for Executive Committee approval.
• Strategy: Assist VP- Real Estate and Construction with development of short- and long-term strategies. Establish quality standards that are aligned with company objectives and ensure they are consistently met and maintained. Identify and recommend changes that will improve or retain the durability and aesthetics of the stores while reducing costs. Value engineer our 3 prototypes (Mall, Outlet and Off-Mall) by seeking out alternative methods, materials or vendors and present for appropriate approval.
• Construction: Oversee all construction activities for new stores, remodeling and facelift projects. Review and approve documents associated with each project such as lien waivers, manuals, punch lists, etc. to ensure each project is within budget and that the file contains all necessary documentation.
• Facilities: Oversee all home office and retail store maintenance, services, construction and improvement projects. Manage all associated budgets to ensure efficiency and avoid over-spending.
• Vendor Management: Establish and manage relationships with outside vendors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Coordinate with Architect tracking of all required permits and documentation schedules. Liaison with all FFE vendors and Store Operations to ensure project reviews and approvals are obtained per schedule. Review Letters of Intent for basic design consistency and make recommendations for revisions/inclusions and review tenant criteria.
• Budgeting & Analysis: Create construction budget including line-item information for wallpaper, carpet, fixtures, general contractors, tax rates, technology, etc. to provide financial information used to examine the feasibility of a construction project. Approve payment of invoices and track costs to ensure they are within budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering, with a minimum of seven years of experience in tenant improvement projects and/or project management, or equivalent combination of education and experience, including expertise in the shopping center real estate industry.
• Advanced project management, communication and negotiation skills, knowledge of construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing, ergonomics and architecture.
• Advanced knowledge in the areas of negotiation of mall and off-mall leases, and extensive business relationships with developers required.
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and AutoCAD skills.
• Experience in leading, supervising and developing staff, manage multiple simultaneous projects, and manage landlords/outside vendor relationships.
• Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
• Regular, onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving to successfully interact with internal and external team members, operation of equipment and/or materials located only on site.
• Availability to travel overnight 20% (+/-) of the time.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.