Merchandise Detail Assistant
North Kansas City, Missouri
Merchandise Detail Assistants assist Buyers and other Merchandise team members in a variety of duties and projects. They act as office assistant and detail coordinator for their assigned buying team. This includes managing the receiving and shipping of samples, handling the particulars for meetings and vendor appointments, placing and returning phone calls on behalf of buying team, working with sku information including setting up records and updating databases. The Detail Assistant also performs general office duties such as ordering supplies. This is an hourly paid position that associates often use as their first step to launch a career in merchandise buying.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE;
- Processing SKU set up from start to finish to ensure information is accurate and timely.
- Ensuring purchase orders are accurate and delivered and processed on a timely basis.
- Inputting all purchase order changes and cancellations.
- Assisting the Buyer and other team members with vendor communication and appointments.
- Managing sample inventory and processes to ensure accurate and timely shipment and handling of jewelry samples.
- Assisting Buyers in the review and support of Marketing campaigns.
- Perform assignments in support of our E-Commerce channel of business.
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
- Coordinate assigned merchandising event projects and provide support to stores regarding merchandise questions.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and one to three years jewelry experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong data entry and computer application skills including utilizing Excel, Word and other Microsoft products.
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time.
- Strong problem solving and good basic math skills.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and organizational skills required, with the ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.