Associate Creative Director
North Kansas City, Missouri
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for supervising the development of concepts from initial ideation, pitch, creative direction and through final execution. The Associate Creative Director collaborates closely with a team of designers, producers and creative strategists to develop best-in class creative for all platforms.
The Associate Creative Director also directs the design and development of creative materials including digital content, print advertising, direct mail, email, catalogs, ecommerce, in-store signage in support of new brand image and target audience. The Associate Creative Director collaborates with internal stakeholders to prioritize work in support of key marketing and promotional needs. They also look for ways to continuously improve department competencies, refine workflow and optimize tools/processes to support the development of high-quality communications.
- In partnership with the Creative Director, oversee the development of concepts and brand direction for marketing materials, campaigns and multiple projects. Continually innovate processes, conceptual ideas, and strategies. Lead the creative team through brainstorming and creative development, providing clear communication, leadership and motivation to produce quality solutions. Achieve brand marketing objectives, ensuring assets are created on time and within budget.
- Manages projects from concept to execution ensuring all key deliverables are achieved. Direct use of imagery and creative solutions to ensure a consistent look for the Helzberg brand. Ensures quality control for team's final product before distribution of any materials occur, providing ongoing feedback to designers and staff. Supporting creative staff by coaching, mentoring, teaching, and critiquing. Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking.
- Oversees multiple design projects at one time, including creating timelines, overseeing design direction, ensuring all deadlines are met, confirming stakeholders are satisfied with the results and troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the duration of the project. Determines resources as needed and ensures they are allocated to meet deadlines.
- Manage site content and video managing both internal and external vendor processes. Provide direction for creative needs that adhere to the brand and marketing strategies. Oversee the process for digital asset management.
- Conduct research to stay abreast of the marketing trends and strategies and the technologies used in creative practices in order to create innovative and new designs and concepts.
- Provide team management, including team meetings, training, staff development, and other personnel-related decisions. Manage and collaborate with external agency/vendor partners, including advertising agencies, design firms, photographers, video producers and tool providers.
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field required and seven years of creative leadership experience with a strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in typography, layout, color, imagery, and interactive design or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years' experience managing an agency or in-house creative team strongly preferred.
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator required. Basic proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint is necessary.
- The ability and willingness to be hands-on and in the weeds with design while also being able to champion the brand strategy required.
- Must have a proactive, ultra-collaborative team-first attitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with experience presenting/pitching creative work to internal clients required.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Please include in your resume a link to your portfolio to be considered.