Merchandise Planning Analyst
North Kansas City, Missouri
Helzberg Diamonds, a Berkshire Hathaway company, has opened a Planning Analyst position. The Planning Analyst works in the Merchandise department and primarily supports the E-Commerce business channel by reviewing, analyzing and reporting on sales, inventory turn, margin targets and other critical data points. The Planning Analyst can have a big impact on improving our Omni channel performance and customer experience by providing insights into departmental strengths and weaknesses by major sub-departments and classifications. The Planning Analyst’s ability to provide actionable analysis and conclusions to maximize opportunities by product is critical.
- Monitoring channel sales, developing demand sales plans, identifying trends, monitoring the timing and scope of seasonal changes, and providing forecasts to address inventory needs.
- Perform inventory management analysis and reporting. This will include making recommendations on the pricing of promotional items, reviewing seasonal and feature planning inventory numbers, and staying on top of web out-of-stock reporting.
- Support merchant teams in all facets of product assortment planning, financial planning, and vendor partnerships.
- Review daily sales plans. Review and produce Top Line Dept./Sub Dept./Class plans.
- Review and provide catalog sales and inventory forecasts.
- Prepare Daily/Weekly Demand dashboards and reports.
- Prepare weekly sales overview and month-end Web SKU Report.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising or related field, and at least two years of merchandising, planning, or allocation experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in Ecommerce/Internet retailing is preferred.
- Strong computer, reporting, and analysis skills. Must have advanced Excel skills including the ability to work with pivot tables. Experience working with planning and allocation software preferred.
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time.
- Good problem-solving skills combined with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and organizational skills, with ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.