Accounts Payable Manager
MO - North Kansas City
The Accounts Payable Manager provides day-to-day administrative and technical supervision to a team that is responsible for processing payments in an accurate and timely manner, and monitoring store and Store Support Center (corporate) expenses.
Other supervision duties include auditing jeweler insurance requirements, managing and analyzing the company purchasing card program, auditing and paying travel reimbursements, and completion of compliance filing for Helzberg’s lifetime care plan liabilities.
The Accounts Payable team works regularly with contacts in other Helzberg departments that have high invoice volume, and individual invoice approvers as needed. Contact with store associates involves resolving customer service and jeweler invoicing issues and store item accounts. The Accounts Payable team also works with external vendors and outside jewelers as needed to resolve invoicing issues. All tasks and processes are conducted according to Helzberg company policies.
- Manage accounts payable process according to Helzberg’s and Berkshire Hathaway’s financial policies and procedures, government regulations, and ensure timely payment of invoices in order to maintain an excellent credit rating.
- Ensure 1099 compliance by preparing and submitting 1099’s and filings to appropriate vendors, state, and government agencies.
- Manage purchasing card program according to Helzberg financial policies with a goal of reducing small invoice payment volume and expense.
- Properly process checks outstanding by reissuing or journaling to unclaimed property.
- Investigate state licensing requirements related to Helzberg’s lifetime care plans. Identify information, manage documentation, and report to maintain compliance with various state agencies.
- Manage the timely approval and payment of invoices, completion of monthly and quarterly close of AP and accruals, and other ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Coach and lead team in an encouraging, positive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related area and a minimum of 3 years of experience leading an accounting function in a similarly related corporate structure is desired. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer skills should include familiarity with an automated accounts payable system and basic desktop skills to include Excel, Word and Cloud-based software applications.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.