Bench Jeweler-Corporate Office
MO - North Kansas City
Our Corporate Bench Jewelers perform their craft and artisanship in our corporate offices in North Kansas City, MO and work consistent Monday to Friday business hours. No regular evening or weekend shifts in our corporate headquarters. Our Jewelers perform all the same sort of high quality services such as repairs, settings, sizing, cleaning, and refurbishing that are done in the jewelry stores, but our Jewelers don’t work out of a building that was designed more for selling jewelry than repairing it.
Our jewelry repair area was constructed and designed specifically with the Jeweler in mind, and it allows our Jewelers the opportunity to operate in an environment conducive for concentrating on their craft. No sales questions or customer interruptions here.
If you are a Bench Jeweler with experience and take pride in your jewelry craftsmanship then we encourage you to get out of the store, and come to our shop. Apply for this position through our career site, or for quicker consideration send your resume directly to our Corporate Recruiter; DDThomas@helzberg.com.
POSITION OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
- Perform all requested and necessary work on jewelry to include setting, sizing, altering, repairing, soldering, polishing, and cleaning of customer pre-owned and vendor merchandise to support sales and customer service.
- Meet established deadlines for repair completion, refurbishment work and requested estimates.
- Produce an expected volume of work while maintaining an acceptable turn-around time and ensuring repair shop achieves budgeted expectations.
- Proactively inspect repair and refurbishment work to ensure a high level of workmanship and maintain acceptable level of quality of repairs with minimal rate of repairs that have to be re-done.
- Properly spend supply expense dollars by maintaining adequate inventory levels without excess.
- Ensure that gold stock, findings, and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials.
- Contribute to maximizing the financial return of precious metal recoveries (hard scrap, filings, sweeps, vacuum bags, etc.) by following proper asset recovery procedures to achieve expected asset recovery ratio.
- Perform operations within company guidelines and procedures and keep shop clean and organized.
- Adhere to all safety-related procedures as outlined in the shop manual to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Assist in training associates concerning repair policies and procedures.
- Work well with teammates to achieve results and willingly perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and at least 3 years of related jewelry repair and refurbishing experience or training required.
- Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge.
- Ability to work with all types of metals and perform complex repairs, stone setting and other services.
- Ability to make good jewelry repair decisions combined with strong problem-solving skills.Must be detailed oriented with good organizational skills and strong communication skills.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.