MO - North Kansas City
Helzberg Diamonds has stood for quality and service since 1915. As a member of the prosperous Berkshire Hathaway group of companies, today we have stores across the nation. The values that have made us America's favorite diamond family for over a century—values like quality, integrity, respect, and passion for the business—continue to drive our success. We are currently recruiting for a Benefits Manager to join our team.
The Benefits Manager manages the benefits function which includes planning, developing, implementing and administration of all corporate benefit plans. This associate will monitor all state and federal benefit regulations and ensure compliance.
- Benefit Plan
- Management Manage all corporate benefit programs, including plan design and administration, budget/cost management, and vendor/consultant management.
- Ensure benefit plans are aligned with workforce needs.
- Run reports as needed to manage eligibility, billing and budget forecasting.
- Conduct annual Open Enrollment.
- Monitor existing processes to ensure compliance with Federal/State benefit regulations.
- Stay informed of regulatory changes and develop plans for compliance.
- Perform annual non-discrimination testing and ACA-required reporting/mailing.
- Ensure Plan documents are always updated and accessible via electronic/print media to ensure compliance with ERISA and other federal regulations.
- Make necessary amendments as needed.
- Manage and monitor self-funded health plan; update monthly budget forecast and identify budget variances
- Develop the annual benefit budget, working with consultants to identify the best and most cost-effective benefit options.
- Monthly, work with Finance to identify and accurately reflect budget variances.
- Benefit Administration
- Maintain benefit plans and processes in HRIS system (Workday), including system setup and configuration.
- Audit plan enrollments with vendors and process monthly benefit plan bills.
- Assist with annual 401(k) plan audit and internal audits as required.
- Manage Associate benefit communications to inform them of benefit coverages and/or changes; utilize print and online resources to effectively communicate to our disperse workforce.
- Administer benefit enrollments and changes.
- Respond to Associate benefit inquiries promptly and courteously. Resolve Associate benefit problems within plan document and regulatory guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related area is required. CBP or SPHR strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of Benefits experience to include managing benefits for a similar type of organization. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with HRIS systems and report writer tools required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at a time, prioritizing workload effectively.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact, influence and align with all levels of the organization, both internal and external effectively.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills required.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.