MO - North Kansas City
Helzberg Diamonds has stood for quality and service since 1915. As a member of the prosperous Berkshire Hathaway group of companies, today we have stores across the nation. The values that have made us America's favorite diamond family for nearly a century—values like quality, integrity, respect, and passion for the business—continue to drive our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Compensation Manager to join our team. The Compensation Manager manages the compensation function that includes job documentation, job evaluation, salary administration, performance appraisal administration, and compensation analyses. The incumbent will monitor the compliance of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures and recommends program revisions/enhancements which are consistent with compensation trends and business objectives.
- Consult with managers on job design issues to optimize work design, develop job descriptions for all positions and complete job evaluations to ensure internal equity and FLSA compliance.
- Create and execute processes to review and update job descriptions on a regular basis and maintain job specifications in the HRIS system.
- Develop compensation programs for store operations and the store support center to ensure competitive, fair pay practices to attract and retain superior associates.
- Oversee the production and distribution of compensation materials including Bonus Programs, Variable Pay Programs and Total Compensation Worksheets.
- Execute salary administration by reviewing pay records and resolving issues, and overseeing completion of formal salary surveys and analyzing results for compensation planning and market comparisons.
- Consult with Store Operations and Store Support Center managers on pay issues to ensure fair, equitable and competitive pay practices.
- Design, configure, test, implement and administer compensation functions within HRIS system and enter compensation changes for Store Support Center.
- Analyze pay, bonus, staffing, productivity measures, etc., using reporting tools to develop and review base pay guidelines and practices and bonus programs for Store Operations and the Store Support Center.
- Market price new and updated jobs as needed to ensure external competitiveness for attraction and retention of top talent.
- Manage the performance management process for Store Operations and the Store Support Center including revising and distributing appraisal materials, reviewing all performance appraisals and pay decisions, ensuring all appraisals and pay data is entered into the HRIS system, calculating the financial impact of pay changes and analyzing performance ratings.
- Prepare detailed merit increase analyses to provide accurate cost estimates for annual performance appraisal cycles.
- Serve as administrator for goals and performance review system including configuring, testing and maintaining processes for performance management..
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related area is required. CCP and PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
- Five to seven years of Human Resource experience to include experience with job documentation, compensation analysis, pay program administration is required.
- Must possess strong decision making and analytical skills.Excellent PC skills and experience in using decision support software and report writer tools required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at a time, prioritizing workload effectively.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact, influence and align with all levels of the organization, both internal and external effectively.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills required.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform the essential functions involving interacting with co-workers and managers, as well as the operation of equipment and/or materials located only on site.