Database Marketing Analyst
MO - North Kansas City
The Marketing Department of Helzberg Diamonds is hiring a Database Marketing Analyst. That’s just a fancy way to say we need to hire someone that loves to dive into data, or as the hiring manager puts it, “We need to hire someone that has a passion for digging into information.” That indeed sums up what the Analyst is all about. The Analyst makes sure marketing data is captured, organized, presented, and shared effectively. This in turn allows the Marketing Department to evaluate campaigns and optimize marketing spend.
So now you know why this is job is important, but what does a Database Marketing Analyst really do? In short, the Analyst spends a lot of time documenting business requirements and specifications for report development. They document requirements and turn them into technical specifications that support programming and process changes. Their contribution helps us develop, test, and release new standardized reports, refine existing reports, and share marketing information more effectively between internal corporate business teams and external database vendors.
Anything else? Sure! The Analyst also but is not limited to;
- Writing technical specifications for marketing campaigns and research files.
- Developing and running ad hoc queries and reports.
- Working with external database vendors to ensure data is clearly defined and remains consistent across databases to support back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility.
- Creating new data feeds and updates existing data feeds with internal and external partners.
- Prioritizing coordinating and communicating changes to the marketing database with internal business teams and external providers and validate that the work is done properly.
- Developing technical specifications to support programmatic and process changes to be executed by external and internal providers.
- Acting as a liaison between the marketing department and the technical team to translate requirements for programmers.
So what are we looking for? We are looking for a person with;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related degree along with a couple of years of experience providing business systems analyses or database administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Comprehensive understanding of relational databases and a familiarity with complex data structures.
- Strong Excel and SQL skills along with strong mathematical, conceptual, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good business writing skills - ability to document user requirements and turn those into technical specifications for programmers.
And finally we can’t forget! A passion for digging into information. Apply now and dig a little further into this Berkshire Hathaway company that Forbes named this year as “One of Kansas City’s Best Mid-Size Employers” for a second year in a row.