Director, Talent Acquisition & Organizational Development
MO - North Kansas City
Helzberg Diamonds has stood for quality and service since 1915. As a member of the prosperous Berkshire Hathaway group of companies, today we have stores across the nation. The values that have made us America's favorite diamond family for nearly a century—values like quality, integrity, respect, and passion for the business—continue to drive our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Talent Acquisition and Organizational Development to join our team. The Director of Talent Acquisition and Organizational Development will collaborate with organizational leaders to understand, analyze and support workforce and talent needs by creating, developing and executing the talent vision and strategies necessary to achieve our business objectives and support continued growth plans.
- Develops and drives the enterprise talent acquisition strategy and delivery of talent which will include but is not limited to: job posting optimization, recruiting marketing channel development, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, talent pipelines, and utilization of external partnerships, etc.
- Creates innovative and new practices for talent attraction and engagement. Developing a recruiting strategy that will build and maintain active candidate pipelines for hard-to-fill, high volume, and/or critical positions.
- Directs the organization's talent review process, including the identification and development of top, emerging talent.
- Assesses the leadership talent pipeline for critical succession risks.
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of all facets of organizational leadership development, including course curriculum, 360 assessment, coaching, on-the-job/experiential learning, career counseling, etc.
- Manages, maximizes, implements and continually improves the utilization of talent tools, methodologies, policies and procedures and ensure compliance with existing employment laws.
- Drive to improve the recruitment/selection/onboarding process that is innovative and candidate-friendly providing Helzberg with a competitive advantage in the retail recruitment space.
- Maintains a talent dashboard including cost, time and quality of the talent function. Use data for strategic analysis to continuously improve the processes to determine talent strategy.
- Directs, designs, develops, and measures, in partnership with Marketing and Communications, a high impact “employment brand” which includes a marketing strategy to promote Helzberg as an employer of choice, inclusive of social media, digital recruitment and other advertising channels.
- Leads, manages, and inspires direct report team. Provides coaching and career development opportunities to team members to allow them to grow their professional practice skills and career.
- Works with VP-HR to set, monitor and achieve department goals and budgets to advance the organization’s strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development, business Administration, or related area is required. Master’s degree in a related area is preferred. SPHR or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of broad talent acquisition and talent development experience (company size of at least 1,000-5,000 employees) including but not limited to recruiting, employment branding, succession planning, assessment and organizational development. Experience in retail environment strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of progressively responsible HR leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of recruiting laws and practices required. Multi-state experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience, with proven outcomes, designing functional strategies that support organizational objectives and goals.
- Proven track record of strategic leadership, hands on experience and commitment to cultivating an equitable, inclusive work environment.
- Ability to collaborate across functional areas within and external to the HR team, building and maintaining excellent working relationships across the organization with multiple and diverse teams.
- Ability to successfully role model desired communication competencies at every level in the organization - including the ability to inform, persuade, negotiate, counsel, and serve as a change agent in support of the company’s strategies.
- Analytical ability to conceptualize well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment requiring creativity, innovation, foresight and mature professional judgment.
- Experience managing, planning, and implementing strategic change initiatives. Knowledge of and the ability to successfully apply process improvement/lean philosophy, principles, and technology as well as change leadership methodologies & tools.
- Possess strong computer skills with MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, applicant tracking systems and HRIS.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform the essential functions involving interacting with co-workers and managers, as well as the operation of equipment and/or materials located only on site.