Distribution Center Generalist
MO - North Kansas City
The Distribution Center Generalist performs a variety of Distribution Center functions and rotates from assignment to assignment within the Distribution Center as needed to insure the timely completion of special projects and seasonally driven processing activities.
Over 3.5 million pieces of merchandise are processed annually through the Distribution Center. On a daily basis associates in the DC check this merchandise for quality assurance, pull and pack merchandise for shipment, receive and organize merchandise that come in from vendors/stores, and make sure billing and shipping records are accurately entered and maintained. The DC Generalist has both office administrative duties as well as duties that require them to physically handle and move jewelry merchandise.
Primary responsibilities for the Generalist include, but are not limited to:
- Verifying the accuracy of shipment invoices and accepting merchandise into inventory.
- Using Helzberg equipment and processes to evaluating merchandise for quality control purposes.
- Physically pick and consolidate daily replenishment orders for all stores.
- Processing and packing internet sales orders.
- Receiving and auditing ‘store to DC’ transfers, repairs, and advertising merchandise.
- Reviewing for accuracy all paperwork associated with the receiving of merchandise, fulfilling orders, returning of product to vendors, and shipping merchandise to customers and stores.
- High School diploma or equal equivalent.
- At least 1 years of experience working in a position that has required the candidate to handle, count, track, and process merchandise. Working with jewelry merchandise, or in any type of distribution center preferred.
- Good clerical skills including basic PC required. Excel skills desired.
- Organization and strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules and over time include some weekends in peak holiday season.
- Must be able to routinely lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally as much as 50 lbs.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.