Distribution Support Associate-Repairs Group
MO - North Kansas City
The Distribution Support Associate - Repairs is part of Helzberg's Merchandise Distribution group and plays a critical role processing customer-owned merchandise that has been sent to our corporate repair shop. This associate works with store associates and the Customer Care department to coordinate and discuss customer repairs. This associate also interacts with merchandise buyers and staff to identify and return defective merchandise.
- Expedite the movement of customer-owned merchandise needing repair.
- Evaluate merchandise and identify latent manufacturing defects, design flaws and product failures.
- Review imaging systems and history files to identify unidentified merchandise for stores.
- Evaluate reports to improve turn-around times of repairs to stores.
- Perform various duties for other work groups in the Distribution Center as needed to support a dynamic and fluid team that contributes to the company mission and strategies.
- High school diploma and at least two years of working with jewelry merchandise or manufacturing required.
- Knowledge of jewelry manufacturing techniques and diamond and colored stone properties preferred.
- Strong PC, communication and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets preferred. Ability to be very accurate and detail-oriented and to meet deadlines required.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.