MO - North Kansas City
Helzberg Diamonds, a Berkshire Hathaway company has opened a junior level Corporate Financial Analyst position. The Financial Analyst crunches the numbers that help executives and department heads understand their current and projected financial situation. This Financial Analyst delves into databases, utilizes spreadsheets, and creates reports that help departments set and track budgets as well as understand revenue flow. Under the direction of the Financial Planning & Analysis Director this associate will learn how to utilize Helzberg systems and tools to collect and analyze information that will allow the organization to track progress against financial plans.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Budget support - Assist departments with the creation of their plan, provide periodic review of performance, and create a budget books at the end of the process.
- Financial analyses of repair and jewelry operations – Audit repair and jeweler charges, and provide guidance on trends and projections.
- Review and track store, Regional Manager, and Jeweler bonuses.
- Create and maintain reports that track store sales and payroll plans, as well in-store jeweler and department performance plans.
- Assist in tracking monthly expenditures. Support the creation of annual plans and forward looking projections.
- Complete and submit US Census Bureau reporting in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in financial planning and analyses is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of al Microsoft Office applications including extensive Excel and Power Point. Must be able to create formulas and work with pivot tables. Experience querying databases and using data visualization tools such as Tableau would be a plus. Helzberg does not use SAP, PeopleSoft, or Hyperion, but candidates that have utilized those systems should be able to make adjustment to our systems.
- Strong project management skills including the ability prioritize, work proactively, and plan ahead.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including relationship building abilities.Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.