Internet Order Processor - Distribution Center
MO - North Kansas City
Think you would enjoy working in a fulfillment center, but worried that means being on your feet all day lifting heavy items in a noisy and hot warehouse environment? Then you should consider coming to work at the Helzberg Diamonds Internet Fulfillment Center.
Helzberg Diamonds is a Berkshire Hathaway company and for the second year in a row we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Mid-Size Employers. We sell jewelry. Lots of jewelry. Yeah, we pack and ship some pretty large internet orders, and occasionally we have to move a bulky box or two, but hey we are talking about jewelry not washing machines. Having a gym membership is not a requirement for this job.
Environment? No noisy dollies, hand trucks, or moving equipment at our place. Our associates work in an environment that maintains the typical business office climate. Our associates actually wear medical scrubs every day!
So what do our Internet Order Processors have to do well? Well since we are the company that coined the phrase “I Am Loved” our first goal is to do our best to make our customers feel special. To do that we make it our mission to get orders right the first time, every time.
Our Fulfillment Associates review orders and accurately prepare jewelry for shipping. They must pay very close attention to documents, make sure the correct jewelry item has been pulled from inventory, and properly package items for shipping.
Typical duties are, but not limited to:
- Accurately reading order documents and SKU numbers.
- Using scanners and other technology that capture shipping data.
- Making sure that all related items (i.e., warranties, packing slip, gift cards, and any special promotional items - Care for a Teddy Bear with that order?, etc.) are included in each shipment.
- Filing invoices, restocking supplies, and doing our part to keep the area clean and organized so we can efficiently fulfill orders.
- Teaming up with our fellow associates in Customer Care and our Helzberg Stores to resolve problems and handle special orders.
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent and have at least one year of experience working in a position that is related to merchandise fulfillment, distribution, or warehousing.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to show up for work reliably and predictably every day at our North Kansas City, MO facility.
- Be able to lift or move items that can weigh up 25 pound with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Frequently stand/sit/walk for 8 hours most months, and up to 10 hours during our peak season. Be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
- Be available to work extended weekday hours and weekends during our busy months – normally November, December, January, and February.
- Hate making mistakes, and want to be on team that feels it is their mission to help people feel “I Am Loved”.