Sales Audit Associate
MO - North Kansas City
Helzberg Diamonds, a Berkshire Hathaway company has opened a position in the Sales Audit group within our Loss Prevention Dept. We are looking to hire a Sales Audit Associate. Helzberg Diamonds operates over 200 stores nationwide and also maintains a significant e-Commerce site. Our Sales Audit Associate reviews transactions to maintain accurate and timely settlement of credit tenders.
The Sales Audit Assoicate does daily reconciliation to help maintain accurate and timely customer billing associated with increasing volumes of customer purchases made with EMV (chip card) technology. They review transactions to ensure quick and accurate settlement of variances associated with EMV purchases. Their review is critical for making sure that our customers are not needlessly inconvenienced, and that our Accounts Receivables remain accurate.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Daily reconciliation of accounts to identify discrepancies with the payment portion of store transactions.
- Investigate and determine the causes of variances and discrepancies using company systems, and internal and external resources.
- Determine and set in motion appropriate solutions to resolve discrepancies.
- Work with stores and/or third parties to correct transactions. Reconcile, research and correct Accounts Receivable accounts
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting/account reconciliation experience within a retail corporate setting or similar setting, or a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related degree, and 1 year of related experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Strong AS/400, JD Edwards and Oracle skills or equivalent desired.
- Strong analytical, research and communication skills required, along with the ability to be extremely accurate with numbers, while processing large volumes of transactions.
- Candidates that have worked for a retail enterprise with multiple stores/locations clearing merchant credit and debit card transactions, or have a background in working with reviewing, researching, and fixing electronic retail business transactions are preferred.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.