Vendor Merchandise Assistant
MO - North Kansas City
The Vendor Merchandise Assistant will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with current vendors that supply products and services to Helzberg. They will work to ensure that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations by delivering quality products and services on time.
- Facilitate external vendor relations within the Merchandise and Planning organization.
- Facilitate communication with internal stakeholders, working to consistently improve efficiencies. Manage communication flow for meetings and conference calls, providing relevant agendas and follow-up notes.• Act as functional bridge between the external vendor and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate vendor management tasks, informing internal partners as required.
- Track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance. Coordinate and inform internal stakeholders monthly via a standardized report. (Vendor report card)Track, measure, report and evaluate product performance, providing insights to both internal and external partners through monthly reporting.
- Troubleshoot vendor issues and present to management as required. Represent resolutions to the vendor with the best interest of Helzberg in mind.
- Manage vendor chargebacks and QC performance, informing both internal and external partners.
- Identify improvement areas internally working with internal stakeholders to find acceptable resolutions.
- Identify and implement continuously enhance efficiencies associated with vendor management plus produce fulfillment.
- Facilitate product development workflow process through all stages ensuring timely and accurate delivery at all stages.
- Stimulate steady process enhancement to present increasing operational efficiency in entire business partner processes.
- Support to explore expansion across new business lines.
- Provide support and information regarding product forecasts available in K2B.
- CLOSEOUTS: Facilitate accurate information on available sellable inventory, manage quantity changes or cancelations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and at least 3 yrs. of related retail experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Professional level writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong retail math acumen, problem solving skills, and ability to organize and prioritize required.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Word and Excel required.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform the essential functions involving interacting with co-workers and managers, as well as the operation of equipment and/or materials located only on site.
- Must possess strong presentation and communication skills to ensure vendors understand their contractual requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and collaborate with vendors at many different levels required.
- Must possess the ability to build strong working relationships cross functionally and demonstrate collaboration with other team members.