Data Warehouse Analyst
North Kansas City, Missouri
At Helzberg Diamonds the Data Warehouse Analyst provides support to the data warehousing team by delivering effective solutions for end-users including developing applications and training users on the available tools. The solutions will allow users to utilize the data warehouse and decision support systems to analyze the business and make informed decisions.
• Develop, support and test all end-user data warehouse applications (including Planning/Forecasting analysis for financial, merchandising and operational needs) to meet design specifications to provide seamless integration of information from data warehouse to the end-user. This also includes all BI related applications (dashboards, scorecards and reporting). When needed introduce this content into the corporate information delivery infrastructure.
• Use appropriate delivery methods to train all levels of the organization on the use of the toolsets used to access information from the data warehouse.
• Participate in requirements-gathering sessions to support the process for end-user development. Capture details of the results of the requirements sessions. Manage assigned project tasks to meet project deadlines.
• Use verification processes to ensure all reporting being produced is complete and accurate. Review nightly load processes to ensure all information is accurate.
• Maintain data warehouse and data mart tables based on defined specifications to ensure database is current and accurate. Make needed changes to the load processes. Ensure all development in this area meets the HDS DW development standards.
• Escalate vendor support issues that are not being met. Attend local user group meetings to provide feedback to vendors for future product offerings.
• Work with vendors during the POC process to evaluate new technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required with one to three years of increasingly responsible experience in the information technology field, and some experience with data warehouse related toolsets (end-user tools, ETL, data modeling.)
• Experience with IBM Infosphere suite of products including Datastage, Erwin, Information Builders WebFocus, Java and Maxel scripting, JSP, Oracle Essbase, SQL and Netezza experience a plus.
• Advanced communication and facilitation skills are required to work with vendors and non-technical end-users.
• Strongly prefer experience within a multi-unit retail environment.