At Helzberg Diamonds the IT Operations Manager implements and maintains a data center environment comprised of hardware, software and telecommunication equipment in a secure facility that meets the needs of the business. The person in in this role recommends and acquires state-of-the-art hardware, software, services and telecommunications for the organization in a cost-effective manner. They are also responsible to manage a disaster recovery plan, which ensures the ability to continue business operations in the event of a disaster, including the data center and other business functions that may be required.
• Develop and manage application production schedules for all corporate support applications (i.e., Merchandise, Distribution, Human Resources, Inventory Control, Ecommerce, Stores and Finance) as well as applications in support of all business functions in the organization.
• Establish and manage all SLA (service levels) for both the delivery of internal IT services as well as external services like telephone systems, network performance (including Store WAN), and production schedule applications delivery.
• Direct and manage the design and implementation of all communications services including voice, data and internet for the organization to ensure communication is provided to SSC, store personnel and customers. This includes hardware, software Network, WAN and managed services.
• Maintain and enhance a secure and effective IT disaster recovery program, including policies, procedures, training and technical design. This includes establishment of a sound data retention program. The program should be coordinated with all operating departments to ensure that business continuity issues are all taken into consideration.
• Develop the annual operating and capital budgets for operations and telecommunications which includes the evaluation and selection of services as well as the contract negotiations for those services.
• Work with the Information Security Manager in establishing the corporate data, network and applications security strategy and infrastructure, including budgets. Manage the security hardware infrastructure.
• Provides direct leadership to Windows Network Engineer, Information Security Administrator, LAN/Telecom Administrator and LAN/Telecom Support Specialist, and indirect leadership to the computer operations team. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that there is operations coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Works with peers within the Information Technology department to support applications and systems, including working closely with the Information Security Manager and his team to manage security of corporate data, network and applications.
• Partner with Human Resources to create and modify company policies regarding technology.
• Manage relationships with a variety of external vendors for hardware, software and telephone support, and negotiation and execution of maintenance contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and seven to ten years’ experience in Computer Operations and/or Technical Support required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows computer servers, desktops and laptops, mid-range, PC network environments and Wide Area Networks (WAN) required.
• Knowledge of PC and internet technologies required.
• Knowledge of operations management software is required.
• Strong negotiation skills and previous supervisory experience are required.
• Knowledge of SQL Server database administration preferred.
• Working knowledge of telephone systems including phone mail systems, long distance and local phone services preferred.
• Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity plans preferred.
• Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.