Merchandise Payable Assoc
North Kansas City, Missouri
The mission of the Merchandise Payable Associate is to support inventory control through performing variance reconciliation, catching and correcting invoicing mistakes, and communicating directly with other Helzberg Associates and vendors.
The Merchandise Payable Associate focuses their attention on timely and accurate payment of merchandise invoices, reconciling invoice activity, reporting merchandise and payment transactions, communicating directly with other Helzberg departments, Store Associates and vendors, and performing other duties that enable Helzberg Diamonds to maintain accurate payment records and inventory count. The Merchandise Payable Associate also works with direct ship to store vendors to validate receiving and invoicing.
- Perform complete Accounts Payable functions including invoice verification, data entry, and reconciliation of various transactions.
- Process “Return To Vendor”, cost exceptions, and debit memos on the asset and manufacturing systems.
- Research incorrect purchase orders and invoices.
- Calculate payments minus discounts and run early vendor payment reports.
- Respond to Store Associate and vendor questions regarding payable policies and procedures.
- Review statements to ensure proper invoicing.
- Manual reconciliation of consignment merchandise.
- Run regularly scheduled reports such as transaction and return activity reports, and ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Participate in periodically scheduled count of physical inventory by answering store calls.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting or related program and at least one year of related experience preferred, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong data entry and computer application skills including utilizing Excel, Word and other Microsoft products.
- Love for accounting and the attention to detail associated with working in this field.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and organizational skills, coupled with the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment depending upon the situation.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.