At Helzberg Diamonds the Compensation Manager is responsible for overall management of the compensation function that includes job documentation, job evaluation, salary administration, performance appraisal administration, and compensation analyses. The Compensation Manager is responsible for compliance of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures and recommends program revisions/enhancements which are consistent with compensation trends and business objectives.
1. Develop compensation programs for stores and the corporate office to ensure competitive, fair pay practices to attract and retain superior associates.
2. Consult with managers on job design issues to optimize work design, develop and maintain job descriptions for all positions, and complete job evaluations to ensure internal equity and FLSA compliance.
3. Review and update pay ranges for stores and corporate office to ensure competitive structures.
4. Consult with store and corporate managers on pay issues to ensure fair, equitable and competitive pay practices.
5. Stay up to date on minimum wage and salary threshold requirements. Analyze and forecast cost of minimum wage and salary changes. Track and enter minimum wage and salary changes for associates in Workday to ensure compliance.
6. Assist with creating, analyzing, and updating store and corporate variable pay programs. Create and distribute variable pay program documentation and communications.
7. Maintain bonus tracking tables for Regional & Store Managers' bonuses.
8. Assist with creating special payment programs as needed, and track and enter special payments in HRIS system for payment.
9. Complete salary survey submissions, analyze results, and determine comparable market comparisons. Market price jobs as needed to ensure external competitiveness for attraction and retention of top talent. Serve as system administrator for market pricing system including maintaining and updating jobs, pay ranges, associate data, and salary survey data.
10. Analyze pay, bonus, staffing measures, etc., using reporting tools to develop, review, and update base and variable pay programs.
11. Design, configure, test, implement, and administer organization, job, and compensation functions within HRIS system. Enter job and compensation transactions in HRIS system for corporate office. Audit and maintain data to ensure accuracy.
Reviews & Merit
12. Serve as administrator for performance review system including configuring, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining processes for performance management. Assist with the performance management processes for stores including revising and distributing materials and ensuring historical tracking of appraisals and performance ratings.
13. Manage and administer merit increase process for store and corporate office. Prepare detailed merit increase analyses to provide accurate cost estimates for annual performance appraisal cycles. Upload pay increases into HRIS system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related area is required. CCP and PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
• Five to seven years of Human Resource experience to include experience with job documentation, compensation analysis, and base and variable pay program administration is required.
• Must possess strong decision making and analytical skills.
• Excellent PC skills and experience in using decision support software and report writer tools required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at a time, prioritizing workload effectively.
• Strong communication skills with ability to interact, influence and align with all levels of the organization, both internal and external effectively.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills required.
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.