The Store Systems Support Technician III primary responsibility is to lead the development and deployment of special projects for the Store Systems Team. This includes deployment of major POS updates, new hardware deployments and on-going system updates. In addition, this position provides support and problem resolution for intermediate to complex technical and procedural store systems issues and questions, including troubleshooting problems related to hardware, software, and network issues.
• Lead special projects, including development of the processes that will be used for deployment of major POS updates, new hardware initiatives, and on-going system updates.
• Update, test and maintain software configurations for POS systems. Work with 3rd parties to ensure they are updated on process changes with the staging image when applicable.
• Update and maintain processes to deploy configuration changes to store POS systems. Track updates being sent to store registers and monitor.
• Work with the Information Security Team to create, test and deploy patches to the POS systems.
• Maintain and enhance internal ticketing system. This will include keeping knowledge base up to date and provide ticket reporting at a granular level for analysis purposes.
• Answer help desk calls/emails to provide support to the stores and support center for intermediate to complex questions regarding store systems hardware, software and applications, network issues, polling and transaction-related policies and procedures. Will use programs like Explorer, MS DOS, MS SQL, Ivanti, Zendesk to resolve. Will also work with internal departments to resolve issues as needed.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and provide recommendations for improving complex technical processes and systems.
• Assist with testing updates and new versions of store systems software to identify potential problems to ensure versions are error free before sending to stores.
• Provide on-call night and weekend Help Desk support as needed.
• Customer advocacy and a passion for delivering the highest levels of Customer Service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with technical and business personnel at all levels.
• Excellent phone etiquette when dealing with customers as well as responding in a timely manner.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to provide effective and timely resolutions to user community challenges
• Ability to document technical solutions and processes for a technical/non-technical audience.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them and carry them out independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills with the ability to build working relationships with customers, management and staff.
• High level of initiative, flexibility and ability to self-direct.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines with accurate and detailed results
Education and Experience
• Technical Education Degree or Associate’s Degree in a computer related curriculum or equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of experience using common business software, including Microsoft technologies, in a support environment
o Windows Operating Systems & User Account Management, Database Systems: (MS DOS, MS SQL Server), Enterprise Applications: Microsoft Office System (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Microsoft Exchange, Internet Explorer, and VPN.
• 3-5 years of experience working on a technical help desk
• 1-3 years of experience supporting a store POS system
• Previous experience with remote access tools such as Ivanti or Kasaya is preferred
• Previous experience with ticketing software tools such as Zendesk is preferred
• Previous experience with common hardware is preferred, including knowledge of the following types of devices:
o Computers: CPU, Tablets, Mobile Devices
o Peripherals: Scanners, Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, Check Readers, Receipt Printers, Laser Printers, Verifones, etc.
o Network: Routers, Switches, Phone Lines, Network Diagrams
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only onsite, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.