Customer Service Representative
North Kansas City, Missouri
The Helzberg Customer Care group has opened a Customer Care Representative position. Customer Care Representatives provide high quality customer service phone support for our Helzberg customers. They help customers complete internet and store purchases, provide product information to shoppers and store Associates, resolve purchase issues, and research questions. Our Representatives interact with many departments within the SSC as well as with our Store Managers, Regional Managers, and of course our customers to resolve difficult situations. We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service, is detail oriented, and has a sincere interest in learning all they can about jewelry product.
This is a full time, M-F, 9-am to 6:00-pm position, hourly paid position that does have occasional Sat. shifts. Call volumes typically run the highest starting the days leading up to Black Friday and extend through Valentine's Day. Mandatory overtime typically happens through this time of year.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assisting customers with their online purchases via phone, chat, email, and social media. Assistance will include helping customers promote products, make appropriate sales offers and finalize sales, make informed buying decisions, and follow-up on customer questions.
- Assisting customers with concerns originating at the store, or through a visit to Helzberg.com.
- Listening to the customer's issue and entering customer data into the case management system.
- Contacting the stores to acquire specific case details and conduct research with other departments in the Store Support Center (SSC).Consulting with SSC management to determine the best solution for customers that stay within company guidelines.
- Responding to customer requests for information and assistance by way of telephone, email, and written letter.
- Informing customers about products, services, policies and procedures.
- Serving as backup switchboard receptionist in support of the SSC receptionist.
- Assuming responsibility for additional projects or responsibilities as assigned to support the Customer Care Department.
- Associate's degree in Retail Management or Business Administration and one to three years of experience in customer service required. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in a retail store environment preferred.
- Customer service orientation, strong communication skills, and the ability to use desktop software (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
- Candidate must also have the ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills and resolve customer conflict.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.