Vice President - Chief Information Officer
North Kansas City, Missouri
Helzberg Diamonds’ Vice President – Chief Information Officer is accountable for the strategy development, planning and deployment of infrastructure and information technology for the entire organization. Participates in overall business planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the organization's competitive position. Identifies short, intermediate, and long-term corporate-wide information needs and develops and directs the execution of acquisition, implementation and maintenance strategies in support of those needs. Provides thought leadership in the areas of digitization of the customer experience, data-driven decision making, and enablement of omni-channel capabilities and experiences to drive Helzberg Diamonds’ success in the current competitive retail environment. Ensures integrity and compliance of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
• Information Technology: Develop the information technology strategy and operating plans to ensure technology alignment with corporate goals and objectives to support the overall business strategy.
• Staff Leadership: Recruit, develop, and retain effective IT staff that can meet the technology demands of the organization in the most cost effective manner possible.
• Strategic Planning: Identify business opportunities where competitive advantage can be obtained through the development and deployment of technology and advance these opportunities through the appropriate channels.
• Budget Management: Direct and administer capital and operating budgets for all systems development and maintenance to ensure maximum return on investment with appropriate service levels.
• Collaboration: Partner with executives and high-level management to accomplish their department information and systems plans and business objectives.
• Industry: Direct research and evaluation efforts that are required to generate new technology ideas and needs throughout the organization by continually seeking information in the profession and sharing it with interested business partners.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related area and over 10 years of experience in the information technology field is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience in the development and implementation of long-term information strategies to support executive initiatives is required.
• Extensive experience in vendor negotiation and contract management with outside consultants is required.
• Experience in managing and motivating a large staff is required.
• Strongly prefer experience in multi-unit retail organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
• Understanding financial results and financial implications of business initiatives is needed.