Human Resources Field Manager
North Kansas City, Missouri
At Helzberg Diamonds the Human Resources Field Manager serves as a business partner to Store Operations management for assigned Division to assist and provide advice on a variety of human resources issues to include: talent acquisition, associate relations, talent development, performance management, human resources policy, and training to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
- Manage the recruiting function for an assigned division within Store Operations. This will include development of a cost-effective and efficient recruiting strategy appropriate for the position and location; screening potential applicants; conducting in-field interviews; and making hiring recommendations.
- Provide general advice and counsel to Regional/Store Managers and associates concerning associate relations issues and human resource policies.
- Provide guidance and input to Regional/Store Managers in the area of performance management (performance appraisals/monthly grids) and identify high potential managers for development purposes.
- Prepare and facilitate human resource training at divisional/regional meetings or as needed.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with Regional Managers within assigned Division to ensure effective communication of human resource needs and available resources and develop a proactive approach to human resource issues.
- Regularly review and analyze data and reports to identify trends in the areas of recruiting, associate relations, and performance management. Make related recommendations to the Human Resources management team, and/or Store Operations DVP to address areas of opportunity.
- Review current human resource policies and procedures and make recommendations to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the Human Resource Department and the service delivery to the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field and at least five years of Human Resource experience. Experience working in multiple human resource disciplines is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of recruiting methods, to include social media recruiting and strong interviewing skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of state/federal labor laws and regulations – FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Title VII. Experience conducting investigations and preparing responses to EEOC and other legal inquiries.
- Strong strategic problem-solving, facilitation and business communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 15% of time is required.
- Prefer experience providing HR services to remote, multi-location client group (ideally in retail).
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP designation strongly preferred.
- Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.