The Real Estate division completes market research on potential sites and malls throughout the United States in order to
acquire new store sites for the company and renew existing, profitable location leases. After acquiring or renewing sites, the Real Estate division administers all of the leases and performs all required accounting responsibilities.
The Construction division is responsible for all new store construction, existing store remodeling and facelift projects. The new store and remodel process is essentially the same; facelift projects include lighting, new wallpaper, carpet, paint, and minor repairs done as needed to cases, etc. An outside general contractor is selected for each new store and remodel project. The department also handles all of the store maintenance issues to ensure all of the stores are in proper working order. The Facility division maintains the Store Support Center, operates the mailroom, and oversees the storage and retrieval of materials from the offsite warehouse.
The Construction Project Manager ensures the timely, quality, and cost-effective construction of new stores, remodeling, and facelift projects. The position interacts with general contractors, job superintendents, landlords and many vendors on a regular basis to ensure that construction projects are proceeding as scheduled.
• Assist VP Real Estate & Construction and Construction System & Accounting Coordinator with maintaining and documenting variances in the construction budget.
• Visit each construction site approximately three times to ensure the project is on schedule and meets quality standards set by the company. The site visits are designed to meet with job superintendent, mall manager and store operations to review project (i.e., the structure, rough-in and framing), review finish work, review casework quality and installation, create punch list and finalize the project.
• Manage contractor’s schedule to ensure project completion remains on schedule, monitor construction progress against schedule, adjust schedule as needed to ensure quality standards are met and communicate all variances to all relevant parties (i.e., Loss Prevention, Store Operations, IT, Real Estate, etc.).
• Solicit bids from prospective contractors, review bids with VP Real Estate & Construction and Construction System & Accounting Coordinator, select contractor and ensure all required paperwork is completed.
• Assist VP Real Estate & Construction or architect in securing all required permits and ensure each project complies with all state and local building codes if necessary.
• Review, approve and update budgets. Communicate variances with VP Real Estate & Construction prior to approvals. Review and approve documents associated with each project such as pay requests, change orders, invoices, lien waivers, manuals, punch lists, etc. Ensure each project is within budget and that the system contains all necessary documentation.
• Assist with major store maintenance problems as needed.
The incumbent does not have any direct reports.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture.
• Three to five years of project or construction management experience required.
• Advanced project management, communication and negotiation skills required.
• Extensive knowledge of construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, and standards and architecture.
• Must have the ability to manage several projects at the same time and manage outside vendors.
• Basic Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills preferred.
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Achievement Motivation, Communication, Conceptual Thinking, Customer Service Orientation, Flexibility, Integrity, Teamwork and Cooperation
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.