North Kansas City, Missouri
Helzberg Diamonds has stood for quality and service since 1915. As a member of the prosperous Berkshire Hathaway group of companies, today we have stores across the nation. The values that have made us America's favorite diamond family for nearly a century—values like quality, integrity, respect, and passion for the business—continue to drive our success. We are currently recruiting for a Creative Director to join our team.
The Creative Director is responsible for supervising and developing the brand experience for all Helzberg Diamonds business units (in-store, traditional, outlet, off-mall, OOH, local marketing, print, direct mail, video, terrestrial, social media, email and Ecommerce) and will play a leadership role with the marketing team. Additionally, the Creative Director is a hands-on leader, managing the Creative Team to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the team resources, while championing the overall caliber of Helzberg Diamonds visual design, content and omni-channel customer experiences. Responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders to prioritize work in support of key marketing and promotional needs. Continuously improve department competencies, refine workflow, and optimize tools/processes to support the development of high-quality communications. This position works with teams throughout the organization as well as external agencies to ensure the customer experience and promotional execution is consistent with our brand standards.
- Brand Strategy: Executes the visual expression and brand voice of Helzberg Diamonds and inspire the team to innovate creatively within the brand guidelines. Lead the discussion on the evolution of the brand and brand standards.
- Creative Execution: Directs and lead the Creative Team ensuring that short-term and long-term creative needs are delivered on time and in line with our brand standards. Work to ensure that the team is prioritizing work flexibly to support key objectives. Oversee the design development and templates for all campaigns, advertising, digital communications, and corporate communications. Elevates the creative execution to align with the diamond category. Responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices. Works with the Executive Creative director to set design direction and goals. Manages image and content quality from multiple brands.
- User Experience and Digital Marketing: Has a solid understanding of social platforms and website functionality, architecture, intuitive user interfaces and navigation. Develop storyboards and prototypes for planned site enhancements, new site development and special projects related to Helzberg.com and other online properties. Lead cross-functional team meetings to gather and understand customer feedback and site interaction, identify potential issues, provide, and recommend solutions. Plan asset calendar and content stories for social and email marketing.
- Photography & Video: Partners with the ECD to oversee photography and video content creation, managing both internal and external vendor processes. Provide direction for creative needs that adhere to the brand and marketing strategies. Oversee the process for digital asset management. Ensures creative matches campaign direction on-set.
- Social Media Content Creation: Develops the creative strategy and guides execution of social content, influencers, paid and organic. Ensures all content meets brand standards and appropriate level of execution. Partners with ECD to determine content style type and mix. Helps plan content calendar for all platforms.
- Management & Team Development: Provide team management, including team meetings, training, staff development, and other personnel-related decisions. Manage and collaborate with external agency/vendor partners, including advertising agencies, design firms, freelancers, photographers, video producers and platform providers.
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field required and 10 plus years of creative leadership experience managing an omni channel team with a strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in brand identity, interactive design, typography, layout, color, and imagery, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator required.
• Retail advertising experience required.
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint is necessary.
• The ability and willingness to be hands-on and in the weeds with design while also being able to champion the brand strategy required.
• Must have a proactive, ultra-collaborative team-first attitude.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with experience presenting/pitching creative work to internal clients required.
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.