The Quality Assurance/Receiving Associate performs in-depth evaluations of all incoming merchandise shipments from manufacturers to ensure the consistency of merchandise quality and eliminate defective product prior to retail sale. The incumbent consistently provides a high degree of inventory control and ledger accuracy, minimizing merchandise losses.
1. Evaluate merchandise and identify initial defects, design flaws and product failures, return failures to vendor with appropriate defective designations via debit memo and communicate and resolve defective issues and design flaws with vendors, merchants or team members when appropriate.
2. Verify the accuracy of vendor shipments, invoicing and accept appropriate merchandise into inventory.
3. Process store to warehouse transfers for replenishment, restock and redistribution and ensure the timely and accurate processing of merchandise recalls.
4. Use master samples daily in the quality assurance process with accurate removal and replacement in the Master Sample Vault.
5. Perform various duties for other work groups in the Distribution Center as needed to support a dynamic and fluid team that contributes to the company mission and strategies.
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL AND EXTERNAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Typical working relationships include interfacing with the Merchandise department, Accounts Payable department and vendors to identify and solve receiving and invoice problems.
High school diploma and three to five years jewelry merchandise or quality assurance experience required. Knowledge of jewelry manufacturing techniques and diamond and colored stone properties and qualities required. Strong PC, communication and organizational skills required. Ability to be very accurate and detail-oriented and to meet deadlines and quotas required.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.