Provide day to day administrative and technical supervision to the AP team and ensuring invoice and payment processing for store and Store Support Center expenses are completed in an accurate and timely manner, according to Helzberg & Berkshire financial policies. Aid in the period-end close posting of journal entries for period-end accruals and assigned reconciliations. Other supervision duties include managing and analyzing the company purchasing card program, annual 1099 reporting and processing, oversight of the vendor master list, and oversight of unclaimed property processes.
Additionally, this position is responsible for managing the Travel program and working with the external Travel Management Company to ensure travel expenses are valid and in accordance with company policies.
• Manage the AP Team in the day-to-day processing of vendor invoices, ensuring timely and accurate payment and proper accounting classification and compliance with Helzberg and Berkshire Hathaway policies.
• Complete month end closing processes and account reconciliations, verifying Accounts Payable balances are complete and accurate. Review and approve journal entries completed by staff.
• Verify and approve the accuracy of weekly ACH and check payments, including working with GL team regarding cash requirements/forecast.
• Improve efficiency of AP and Travel Expense processes utilizing technology and process automation. Proactively identify and resolve operational accounting issues in collaboration with teammates and other members of management.
• Oversight of the Helzberg travel program and work with external Travel Management Company for any system set up changes/updates. Work with the Travel & Expense associate to update travel policy and communicate changes to travelers as needed.
• Manage the purchase card program according to Helzberg and Berkshire Hathaway policies.
• Maintain the vendor master list and follow company processes for adding new vendors and/or making changes to vendor name, address, or banking information. Includes Store and Store Support Center expenses and customer refund checks.
• Oversight of the processing of outstanding checks to unclaimed property.
• Ensure compliance of the annual 1099 filing process with IRS, state jurisdictions and issuance of forms to external vendors.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or another related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting or accounts payable experience within an organization of similar corporate complexity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and decision support skills required.
• Highly detail-oriented with proficient analytic skills.
• Strong computer skills that include spreadsheet and automated accounts payable system is required. Experience working with Oracle Cloud systems preferred.
• Must have strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work constructively with others in the organization.
• Ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively to different levels of the organization.
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.