The Accounting Manager leads the general ledger accounting team and has responsibility over the general ledger, fixed assets, treasury, and cash management. This position leads the team in analyzing expenses, completing journal entries, and reviewing account balances to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger, along with managing daily treasury and cash operations. The Accounting Manager works with a third-party vendor to coordinate business licenses and annual registration filings.
• Perform monthly Profit & Loss variance analysis of assigned accounts in the monthly closing process. Discuss variances with the responsible business owner and determine adjustments and/or projections as needed. Ensure all expenses are booked properly each month, with all necessary accruals properly booked to the general ledger. Perform assigned account reconciliations monthly.
• Review and approve journal entries and monthly account reconciliations prepared by the GL team for accuracy and completeness.
• Coordinate and facilitate business licenses filings and annual registrations with outside provider for ~170 store locations and the SSC.
• Ensure fixed assets are accounted for appropriately and work closely with business owners, particularly IT, and the Fixed Asset accountant to ensure project accounting processes are followed.
• Manage daily cash and treasury functions, including long-term cash and interest income forecasting.
• Review Manage fixed assets and project accounting
• Identify process improvement and efficiency opportunities within the general ledger group and other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience within an organization of similar corporate complexity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong critical thinking, analysis, and decision support skills.
• Strong computer skills that include spreadsheets, decision support and automated general ledger system.
• Experience working with Oracle systems preferred.
• Ability to work with strict deadlines and timelines.
• Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work constructively with others in the organization. Ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively.
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.