This position is responsible for ensuring company travel expenses are accurate and comply with company policies by auditing, coding and reconciling travel and relocation expenses. This position acts as a liaison between the company, travel agency, American Express and car rental companies. The incumbent’s interpersonal skills require patience to work with travelers on an ongoing basis to ensure that expenses are submitted accurately and to assist them in reconciling their statements. Additionally, this position is responsible for working with internal departments to ensure proper account coding and project alignment on all Purchase Orders. This position will work closely with the Fixed Asset accountant to ensure costs are mapped to the correct assets and/or project. This position acts as resource on Purchase Order questions and training users on proper procedures related to procurement.
• Audit employee’s expense reports and ensure compliance with company policies. Process approved expenses for reimbursement/payment and verify expense is coded to the correct GL accounts. Escalate discrepancies in an appropriate manner.
• Maintain the Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy and recommend changes to travel policies. Assist AP Manager in developing, publishing, and updating travel policies.
• Act as a resource for employees with questions about expense reimbursements and answer employee questions around travel policy and travel systems.
• Maintain all system expense template mapping within Oracle, including business unit changes, account coding and other changes. Manage upload process of expense report coding to general ledger system. Research and resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain Corporate Card reporting. Research and provide reporting to finance management on delinquencies, personal use of company card, and industry comparisons.
• Provide ad hoc reporting to AP Manager on exceptions to travel policy, system problems, and non-compliance on system use.
• Review all purchase order and ensure proper GL Coding and compliance with policy.
• Collaborate with all internal departments and be a resource for PO and procurement questions.
• Work closely with the Fixed Asset accountant and accounting managers on complex project accounting and prepaid IT invoices and POs.
• Work closely with the Director of Procurement to review contracts to identify accounting language in agreements.
• Associate’s degree in accounting or finance.
• 3-5 years of Audit/AP/Accounting experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of travel/expense reporting experience preferred.
• Strong communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills required, along with the ability to be detail oriented.
• Basic understanding of tax laws related to travel and relocation.
• Proficiency with Excel and an automated accounts payable system is required. Knowledge of Oracle Cloud is preferred.
• Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation, or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.