Bench Jeweler-Corporate Office
North Kansas City, Missouri
This position is responsible for providing high-quality jewelry repair services such as setting, sizing, repairing, cleaning and refurbishing merchandise consistent with company quality standards to support sales and customer service expectations.
- Perform all requested and necessary work on jewelry to include setting, sizing, altering, repairing, soldering, polishing, and cleaning of customer, pre-owned and vendor merchandise to support sales and customer service.
- Meet established deadlines for repair completion, refurbishment work and requested estimates.
- Produce an expected volume of work while maintaining an acceptable turn-around time and ensuring repair shop achieves budgeted expectations.
- Proactively inspect repair and refurbishment work to ensure a high level of workmanship and maintain acceptable level of quality of repairs with minimal rate of repairs that have to be re-done.
- Properly spend supply expense dollars by maintaining adequate inventory levels without excess. Ensure that gold stock, findings, and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials.
- Contribute to maximizing the financial return of precious metal recoveries (hard scrap, filings, sweeps, vacuum bags, etc.) by following proper asset recovery procedures to achieve expected asset recovery ratio.
- Perform operations within company guidelines and procedures and keep shop clean and organized.
- Adhere to all safety-related procedures as outlined in the shop manual to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Assist in training associates concerning repair policies and procedures.
- Work well with teammates to achieve results and willingly perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and at least three years of related experience or training required.
- Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge.
- Ability to work with all types of metals and perform complex repairs, stone setting and other services required.
- Ability to be a good decision maker with strong problem-solving skills required.
- Must be very detail oriented with good organizational skills and strong communication skills.