The Site Analytics and A/B Testing Director is responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to understand performance of Helzberg.com and our customers’ behavior on the site. Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot integrated systems for collecting, managing, and reporting on web analytics, digital advertising and online sales metrics using reporting technologies including online analytic tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (e.g., Tableau, Excel). In addition, this position will be responsible for setting the A/B testing strategy, including identifying, testing, and implementing A/B tests across UI/UX, Site Merchandising, and Conversion Rate Optimization opportunities. As a subject matter expert in Web Analytics and A/B testing, this position will lead the analytics and a/b testing transformation for the team by instilling best-practices and regular coaching sessions. This position will play a vital role in helping drive our E-Commerce business, which is the key growth engine for the company.
· Responsible for the daily & weekly reporting and actionable insights that empower the e-commerce team to understand and optimize the online customer experience.
· Drive strategic decisions with data insights to meet business strategy and priorities.
· Analyze online traffic channels, user behavior, conversion data, customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution. Provide clear, concise, and credible insights to boost conversion, basket and sales and suggest a/b tests to reduce friction points in the customer journey, improve the experience and drive incremental dollars.
· Lead site tagging strategy and execution, including use of vendor tools e.g., Google Tag Manager, and management of technical/consulting resources.
· Develop and maintain robust dashboards (KPI + customer journey) to effectively communicate insights and recommendations for e-commerce team and executive leadership.
· Establish data governance standards and best practices that maintains high data quality.
· Develop an ongoing governance methodology that includes intake and prioritization to ensure work is aligned to business objectives. Respond to ad-hoc requests for insights, dashboards, and data.
· Be a customer experience champion and consolidate all customer feedback from digital touchpoints, analyze the patterns, VOC, get to the root cause, and share insights with team to resolve the issues.
· Partner with other cross-functional stakeholders to support cross-team sharing of capabilities, subject-matter expertise, and insights; facilitate trainings and become a trusted subject-matter expert for the team.
· Monitor, analyze, and report on industry/competitor performance, trends, and other macro trends/events to pinpoint opportunities and assist in explaining the ‘why’ of ecommerce performance.
2. A/B Testing Strategy
· Implement strategic direction for A/B testing with supporting processes to ensure it reliably produces high value.
· Maintain calendar and long-term A/B testing plan that moves Helzberg.com into industry leader of test & learn.
· Partner with Site Merchandising Director, Site Optimization Manager, User Experience Manager, and key cross functional partners to define the strategic direction for A/B testing based on customer friction points and data centric opportunities.
· Support the team in building business cases, competitor benchmarking and help to size the impact of potential opportunities identified through financial modelling value estimation so that the project can be prioritized accordingly.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or MBA highly preferred.
-Minimum 10 years of direct ecommerce and web analytics experience.
-Hands-on experience with ecommerce analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics and Tableau; experience with heatmapping and behavioral analytics tools (ContentSquare or similar), and digital voice-of-customer NPS tools (Medallia or similar).
-Experience and comfort level reading and understanding data layer specs and SQL experience is preferred.
-Experience building financial models to accompany research.
-Experienced in creation of a web A/B testing strategy, development of a testing calendar, continuously executing tests, and advancing a fact-based, test and learn environment.
-Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and BI tools.
-Proven leader in the web analytics space with a track record of hands-on experience in analyzing data and success in driving transformative strategies that produce sustainable results.
Skills and Abilities
-Ability to troubleshoot, identify patterns, and generate new approaches to reporting.
-Ability to transform data to insights through creative storytelling, leveraging both deductive and inductive arguments.
-Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
-Delight in sharing success with subordinates and peers.
-A natural collaborator and ability to influence others.
-Utilize data to inform decisions.
-Value the importance of the customer relationship and the importance of every interaction with the consumer.
-Critical and strategic thinker; ability to understand all available information, synthesize, and communicate approaches and analysis clearly and concisely.
-Comfortable working under deadlines, managing multiple priorities, taking initiative, and paying close attention to detail.
-Ability to present to large groups, including senior executives, while inspiring and motivating action for implementation of ideas.
-Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required Tues-Thurs to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation, or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Start a career today!
Join our team at Helzberg Diamonds! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!
Please ensure all fields have been filled.
Please ensure your firstname has been filled.
Please ensure your lastname has been filled.
Please ensure your email has been filled.
Please ensure your desired job title has been filled.
Please upload a resume.